Date And Time:
Wednesday, January 15, 2020
1:00 PM – 4:00
683 Northland Avenue, Buffalo, NY
– Entrance E –
Admission is Free, but registration is required.
In this fast-moving, fun but sometimes scary presentation, you will get a management-level understanding of IT and cyber security topics, with recommendations of how to implement best practices in your business or organization.
Topic #1: Cyber Security and Best Practices Presentation
Addressing topics such as:
- Do you have a Business Continuity or Disaster Recovery Plan?
- Do you require a multi-factor authentication protocol in order to log onto any company device?
- Are your production machines connected via a network with the same interface that your business system is connected?
Topic #2: Live Hacking Demonstration
Topic #3: Q&A with local manufacturer, GP:50 – Fast-growing WNY manufacturer discusses their cyber security journey & challenges regarding NIST 800-171.
Topic #4: NYS Shield Act
This new law affects all organizations operating in New York State. Learn how to protect your business and your employees.
- Whom does this impact?
- When does it go into effect?
- Why did NYS put this into effect?
- How can you confidently protect yourself?
About the facilitator:
Ken Michael, CISSP, CRISC, CISA, Certified Security Analyst, is the founder and current VP of Dox. Founded in 1982, Dox works with businesses and organizations large and small to achieve their enterprise computing and cyber security needs, from virtualization and server deployment to business continuity and security compliance audits.