It is unimaginable how quickly we collectively have become averse to exchanging cash, using a keypad to pay via credit card or worse yet signing something with a shared pen. As a potential future visitor to your building, can I suggest a 100% touchless sign in process? Yes, these systems do exist!
You may recall some of the relevant screening and testing tips from the Processes section of NY State’s Department of Health master guidelines included the following:
- Responsible Parties must implement mandatory daily health screening practices for visitors
- Screening should include a questionnaire that determines whether the visitor has:
- Knowingly been in close or proximate contact in the past 14 days with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or who has or had symptoms of COVID-19
- Tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- Experienced any symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- Responsible Parties must review all visitor responses on a daily basis and maintain a record of such review
- Responsible Parties should maintain a log of every visitor who may have close contact with other individuals at the work site or area
- Logs should contain contact information such that all contacts may be identified, traced and notified in the event an employee is diagnosed with COVID-19
- Responsible Parties must cooperate with local health department contact tracing efforts
For greater detail, go to the master guidance document at https://www.governor.ny.gov/sites/governor.ny.gov/files/atoms/files/ManufacturingMasterGuidance.pdf
For some organizations, this will require the introduction of a very manual, labor intensive set of processes. If the volume of visitors is high enough, you may want to consider automating this process with a visitor management system, some of which are 100% touchless. Your automated touchless visitor sign in process could look something like this:
- Guests are registered in your visitor management system
- Signage in the lobby summarizes your process and instructs visitors to scan a QR code with their phone
- Visitors scan this code and the sign in process is initiated
- Visitors enter or confirm their contact information using their phone
- Visitors enter responses to your custom Covid-19 questionnaire using their phone
- If negative responses are entered, your health and safety officer is notified
- Assuming the questionnaire responses are positive, your visitor contact is alerted and a visitor badge is automatically printed on the lobby printer
- If a visitor tests positive for Covid-19 at a later date, the system will identify all visitors that were in your building at the same time and provide background information about each of their visits
If you are considering a visitor management system, listed below are some that offer touchless options:
We are all in this together; if any of our clients or partners have successfully implemented changes regarding these concepts and are willing to share with the WNY manufacturing community, we are asking you to submit them to us and we can share these best practices with all the manufacturers in our community. Descriptions, photos, examples, etc. would be beneficial and we can give you credit for any submissions that would be published.
Please submit any ideas to: email@example.com
Read more of Insyte’s #ReopenWNY blog series:
Reopen WNY: Getting Started Within New Guidelines – Recently we received the long awaited announcement that manufacturers within WNY are now allowed to reopen. Along with this good news, there are some required constraints to protect against the spread of COVID-19.
Reopen WNY: Covid-19 Visual Controls – As your employees start coming back and settling into their existing or new jobs, the time is right to think about enhancing your visual controls.
Reopen WNY: The New Office Environment – With an estimated 60+% of employed Americans working from home during the pandemic, the latest wave of change surrounds getting these people safely back to the office.
Reopen WNY: Touchless Visitor Sign In – If you are considering a visitor management system, this blog highlights those that offer touchless options & are compliant with NYS COVID-19 guidelines.