The U.S. Department of Commerce Manufacturing Extension Partnership’s (MEP) Supplier Scouting service posts requests from companies and government agencies seeking U.S. manufacturers for a wide variety of products or contract manufacturing services. Recent requests include:
- Machine to straighten, crimp and cut high carbon & stainless steel wire
- Vat dyes for dyeing cotton yarn
- Non-woven hygiene product
- Transformer elbows, bushing and switches
- Hot forged tie rods and ball joints
- Complete PCB boards
- Cast aluminum T-Pin with hole for cotter pin
- Custom wound motor
- Drawn copper tubing
For each request, the MEP website posts a Supplier Scouting Opportunity Synopsis that details technical specifications and performance requirements, delivery requirements and cost and volume estimates.
New requests are received on a regular basis. Contact Insyte Consulting if you would like to learn about how to submit your company’s capabilities in response to a request or if you would like to post a request to find suppliers for your company’s needs.
The Supplier Scouting service is one of many ways that Insyte Consulting helps WNY manufacturers to Innovate, Grow and Profit.