Erie County Back to Business is a small business relief program targeting those that have been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 crisis. The effort consists of a grant program, buy local advertising campaign, and business promotions designed to provide direct financial aid and customer outreach support to local small businesses, with a focus on those in greatest need.
A total of $20 million in grants will be distributed to eligible companies. The grant values are $10,000, $25,000, and $45,000. Companies must meet the following criteria to be considered eligible for a grant:
Business Type: For-profit companies; LLPs, LLCs, Sole Proprietorships, C-Corps, and S-Corps
Age of Company: Formally established and in continuous operation since at least Oct. 1, 2019
Location: Based in Erie County, NY
Revenue: Generated less than $7.5 million in revenue in 2019
Employees: 50 or fewer W-2 based FTEs.
Other: Companies must be able to provide evidence of a significant loss of gross revenue, or a reduced level of production, sales, employment, or service due to COVID.
This grant can only be used to cover expenses incurred between March 1, 2020, and December 30, 2020 that have not already been reimbursed through other CARES Act funds including the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), although companies that received PPP loans may apply. The distributed grant money must be spent on any combination of the following expenses:
- Rent, lease, or mortgage payments
- Utility payments
- Payroll costs
- Supplier payments
- Personal protective equipment and sanitation supplies
- Physical building adaptation, including interior and exterior updates, and equipment
- Technology and digital resources, including tools and services as well as purchases for remote access
- Website development/enhancements
- Replacement of perishable inventory lost due to COVID
- Regulatory compliance fees (permits and licensing, insurance, workers’ comp, etc.)
Visit https://grants.ureeka.biz/backtobusiness for more information and to apply.