The U.S. Department of Commerce Manufacturing Extension Partnership’s (MEP) Supplier Scouting service posts requests from companies and government agencies seeking U.S. manufacturers for a wide variety of products or contract manufacturing services. Recent requests include:
- Heat shrinkable sleeves for welded steel water pipeline corrosion protection
- Magnesium high potential galvanic anodes for use on iron pipes to transport water
- Temperature Relative Humidity (TRH) sensor power supply and mounting hardware
- Extruded PVC tube
- Photoacoustic aerosol black carbon mass analyzer
- Food grade geomembrane bag
- Injection molded eyeglass frames
- Sterile nasal saline solution in Bag-on-valve packaging
- Machining services using customer-supplied material and drawings
For each request, the MEP website posts a Supplier Scouting Opportunity Synopsis that details technical specifications and performance requirements, delivery requirements and cost and volume estimates.
New requests are received on a regular basis. Contact Insyte Consulting if you would like to learn about how to submit your company’s capabilities in response to a request or if you would like to post a request to find suppliers for your company’s needs.
The Supplier Scouting service is one of many ways that Insyte Consulting helps WNY manufacturers to Innovate, Grow and Profit.